Conference ‘Navigating Change’ | 27-28 June 2023 | Radboud University, Nijmegen
Radboud University’s Department of Anthropology and Development Studies (ADS) organises the conference’ Navigating Change’ in honor of the 75th anniversary of Cultural Anthropology and the 50th anniversary of Development Studies at Radboud University. The conference will focus on global issues that challenge and transform common understandings and practices of change.
In this attachment you will find a description of the main theme of the conference, with the description of three ‘streams’ that we will organise:
1) Change as Undoing;
2) Changing Institutions from Below;
3) Environmental Change: From Crisis to Care.
Everyone interested in participating is invited to submit an abstract (150-200 words, with your name and affiliation) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, with a reference to the specific stream in which your paper would fit best. The conference committee will review your abstract and contact you shortly afterwards (within 14 days). Registration is free of charge.
Keynote speeches will be delivered by:
• Tess Lea, professor of Anthropology at the University of Sydney
• Christian Lund, professor of Development, Resource Management, and Governance at the University of Copenhagen
• Noëlle Aarts, professor of Socio-Ecological Interactions, Radboud University
Radboud University hopes to see many of you in Nijmegen in June and looks forward to an inspiring conference.